Old 05-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Ideas for wheel color

Quote:
Originally Posted by techy101 View Post
For the record, I didn't paint these wheels white. Some prior owner did. I have never liked it, it looks tacky to me.

I am sticking with the stock wheels. I sourced myself center caps from a junk yard, but they're stock color so I just left them off until I get things painted.

I don't want to put too much more money into this car since I'm beginning to think about the next project. It'll require saving for a while though.

Crazy_Pilot, you are correct that it's not a stock SVX color. It's Mica Ruby Pearl. I believe it was an SVX color in a couple of countries, but not in North America. One of the reasons I like it is that it looks nice and red in the day, but at night it blends into the darkness well. It's hard to describe.

So it's 2 for stock silver, 1 for gunmetal so far.
As I understand it the stock wheels came in three different shades of silver. I myself have cars with two different silver shades.

In my opinion the brightest of these silvers will suit your Mica Red best. The darkest silver, which is almost a tungsten colour, does not suit it well at all.

I have stock photos of original market Ruby cars with different shade standard rims. [OEM market Ruby cars all have a black roof]. Would you like to see them for comparison?

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl