View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 10:27 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Sometime next week I'll hit 134,000.

Quote:
Originally posted by wasions
I have never owned - no - I have never SEEN a car as reliable as this.

First, I am the car's original owner. I'm on my second set of tires, second set of brakes, second set of plugs, second belt, second rear transmission seal (the only seal I've ever had to replace), second passenger visor (oh, gee! Warrantee fix.), second driver window controls (another warrantee deal), first set of wheel bearings, first set of CVboots/joints, first transmission, first water pump, etc., etc.

I've owned Fords, Chevy's, Dodges, VW's, Mitsu's, Nissans, BMW's, and others, along with about a dozen different motorcycles.

The SVX is BY FAR the most reliable, and quite possible the most economical vehicle I've ever owned.

Oh, there is one problem. Next week I'll be replacing my 27th (!) oil filter! I can hardly get three months out of the darn things!

Thanks for posting that, Steve. My SVX is at 132k and, even with the (original) tranny acting up right now, I'll still call my SVX very reliable.

I won't go so far as to say that it's the most reliable car I've had, but it is very well-built and depandable.

The 'flaws' Landshark quotes are arguable. The transmission is not one of them. Anybody who pays attention around here knows it's the cooling, not the transmission. And even stock they last a long time if you take care of them and don't thrash the car.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE