View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 12:23 PM
LearJeff

Talking E-Bay SVX reaches milestone!

It's been a while since I've posted on the SVX Network, but me and my '97 are still on extremely friendly terms.

In fact, we just reached two major milestones. The odo just turned over 5,000 miles and I just celebrated my one year anniversary as the proud owner. The dual-feat almost occurred on the same day!

Much to the dismay and horror of many here on the net, the car has indeed become my daily driver. Of course, it still looks brand new and runs even better than the day I got it. The problems I have experienced are relatively minor:

1. My key fob battery died, followed shortly by my security system acting up. New battery, problem solved.

2. Driver's side window intermittently makes loud "ratcheting" sound when being lowered. Problem comes and goes. I plan on have it looked at by the dealer.

Well, that's it from the complaint dept. I told you the list was short!

A quick question to those of you much more knowledgeable about the various iterations of the SVX. Interestingly, I've seen roughly 6 other SVXs in my relatively small town of Alameda, CA. Whenever I see another one, I try to get an up-close look at the car to compare it to mine. Two things I've noticed about every other SVX I've seen are: 1) Of the 6 others I've seen, only one had a leather interior. 2) None of them (including the one with leather) had the suede "treatment" on the dash, door panels, and front and rear armrests. Was this a rare option? I thought it would have just been standard on cars ordered with leather interiors. Perhaps it was, and at some point the suede was replaced with something more durable? I personally love the suede. It's tan, so it matches the tan leather seats and definitely adds a unique touch to the car's interior. Other than the striking external appearance (which earns me AT LEAST 3 or 4 compliments per week), every person I've ever had in the car with me absolutely raves about the beautiful interior. Anyway, just curious.

So far, so good!