View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
diffrent transmissiosns have diffent final drive ratios. for example, an older legacy 5 speed will most likely have a 4.11 final drive, raher than the stock 3.54 The rear diffrerential has to be matched as well. the newer wrx transmissions have the same* final drive ratio as the svx, so no rear work is needed.
What most people do, unless they are swapping in the r180 rear, is to take the ring gear from a donor differential with the same final drive as the trans going in, and swap it into the svx's limited slip rear

*Note, things get confusing whenreduction gears are thrown into the mix, where the trans will hav a final drive of 3.90, but have a 1.1-1 reduction gear for a diffrent final drive at the rear output shaft, leading in the 3.54 final drive for the rear differential to compensate. Dont ask why just nod and smile*
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten