View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 09:36 PM

Uh oh, better NOT get Maaco

I hate Maaco, I had a little extra time today because there was a thunderstorm, and I was in my garage working on my car, waxing, polishing it up, etc, when I decided to take the plastic passenger side quarter panel off and take a look inside, when I took it off, did I not only find that the metal bar holding it on was rusted right through, but the paint underneath was just flaking off, so I looked closer and rubbed my finger on the paint flaking...it just rubbed off and there was sand and dust underneath. WTF? who in their right mind would paint a rare car like my '97 like that... my modification project just turned into a restoration project if I want to keep this car.
-Polyurethene swaybar bushings
-iRotor Drilled/Slotted zinc plated rotors, ceramic disc pads, stainless steel braided blue covered brake lines, powder coated calipers.
Soon - Custom Headers, Cold Air Intake, and Custom Magnaflow Exhaust
*New addition*2000 Volkswagon Golf TDi
(don't worry, it's my new winter beater, gives me more money in my pocket(less gas) and I can park my car for longer periods of time giving me time to work on it and less damage to the SVX from winter driving)