View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 12:15 PM

OK, something BAD happened through the course of trying to fix this coolant problem. I decided to tighten up the bolts on the passenger side thinking that maybe by some chance they were loose and the coolant was leaking from there. Well I had no sooner gotten the wrench on when the bolt came right out, and I noticed that the threading BROKE OFF ON THE END OF IT! I dont even know what this bolt is too, but engine oil leaked out of the hole it came from. Again, I will post pictures of this bolt, and the hole it came from. I know that the oil seal on this bolt is something that I just had the repair place fix through the course of the time it was there, so im wondering if they broke it, and just stuck it back in the hole, and didnt tell me. Im alreayd pissed as hell at these people, and now I dont even know what to do about these new problems, because im so far away from their shop. Someone please tell me waht I can do about this bolt here, at least I could drive while leaking coolant, I cant drive at all if its leaking oil from here. I am willing to go to a subaru dealership and get a new bolt, but if the threading broke off while still attached, how am I supposed to put it in? Anyways, here are the picture of what is broken. #'s 0338/0339 are obviously the bolt, and 0340 is the area it came out of, located in the passenger side towards the front. The hole in the middle of the picture with the oil dripping out is where it came from.
P.S: I highly doubt its a bad radiator, I just had that replaced about 15,000 miles ago, and still have the paperwork from it. I dont think it is that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0338.JPG (713.2 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0339.JPG (577.1 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0340.JPG (644.6 KB, 105 views)