View Single Post
Old 12-24-2005, 10:48 AM

Yet ANOTHER problem about leaking coolant

When I first got my SVX back fafter being in the shop for 5 weeks, I got some check engine lights, but those went away and havent come back, and it was suggested that it was the ECU re-adapting to the engine after being disconnected for so long. But now there is a definite problem, because I am leaking coolant again. I just picked my car up not even 48 hours ago, and the reason I brought it in in the first place was because it was leaking coolant. Well they told me I needed a new water pump, and it ended up being a water pump, water pump gasket, cam and crank seals, valve cover gaskets, timing belt, thermostat gasket, and underdrive pulleys. I dont know if it is something they they messed up or a totally new problem, or maybe something simple. Before, it was leaking coolant from the drivers side towards the windshield, now its leaking from the passenger side right up front. I took some pictures that I will post. Its not like its a dripping leak, it looks as though it just sprayed out under pressure. And under a good amount of force as well, because it made its way all the way to the top of the ABS system and the airbox! The first picture is a picture of the general area it is coming from. The second picture is a close up, and you can even see the coolat pooled in some area, and all of the white stuff that looks like road salt is dried up coolant. The last picture is even closer up. Can someone please tell me what this is? Right now I am at my parents house for the holidays, which means im 100 miles from home, and I will need to get back there in the next 3 or 4 days, so please let me know what this could be. My father and I checked the hoses already, and they are all tight and not cracked. Also, the leak only happens after the car has reached operating temperature, when the fans are on, and coolant flow is high. Thanks in advance for the help. This forum has yet to fail me, so im confident I will get this one figured out quickly.