View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by BoondockSVX
You claim that the human mind cannot comprehend god, correct?
Correct.

Quote:
Yet you're defining 'god' in your very own paragraph.
Nowhere did I define God. I made a bunch of generalizations to try to get my point across.

Quote:
Christians always say god is so immense we cannot possibly understand him, yet they always say "oh it's because god wanted to" or "Oh it's just God's way" or "It's in god's plan". Heck, they have a few books dedicated to EXPLAINING god.
You really haven't said anything here.

We can explain that we can't understand him. Saying "it's just God's way" is not understanding him. It's accepting him.

There are no books that "explain" God. That's ridiculous.

Quote:
PS: I don't think that any sane person would consider 'the removal of religious symbols/text from state/federal buildings' in the same ballpark as 'denying you your religous rights'.
According to an atheist, having a religious symbol in a state building would be denying that person's rights ("forcing christianity on them). Therefore, NOT having it must be denying my rights, because that would be "forcing atheism on me".

Again you try to claim that there is such thing as a person with NO religion. That is simply not true.

Quote:
As for banning symbols of your religion, GET USED TO IT. IT"S THE LAW.
Wrong. It is most certainly NOT the law. You said it yourself here:

Quote:
The law here is FREEDOM of religion...
Which means no one religion is more important than another. Atheism does not take precedence over christianity...etc.

Quote:
...but it was also designed to AVOID the mixing of church and state.
Correct...then why do people use the courts to try to tell churches what to do? THAT is mixing church and state.

Quote:
If you had things YOUR way, I'm sure we'd have crosses all over the place, religious text on our parking tickets, and 100% christian rock radio.
Don't even start with this BS. I've already said many times I have no problem with other religions. You can do whatever you want, and even if I was King of America, I wouldn't change that. Besides, I don't listen to christian music.

PS...if I had things my way, there would be no parking tickets.