View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
"Say no to fords all together"

Not necessarily...

I guess I will have to step up to the plate and put a word in for my SVT Focus. It doesn't have the power of the SRT-4, but it has beautiful balance with what it has. Autoweek said in early 2002 "If you test drive a new car this year, make sure it is an SVT Focus". It has been discontinued, which means you might get a great deal if you can find one sitting neglected on someone's lot. In the shootouts it was always ranked just behind the SRT-4 and (in some) the Mazdaspeed Protege. i've had mine a year and a half and put 31k on it. Its got every bell and whistle I could want....except outside temp readout. Harry autocrosses his SVX and his son is evidently giving him fits with his SVT Focus. Ford had earlier said that it would keep the Focus equal with the competition, but gave up. We were all waiting for some variation of the RS Focus from Europe, over 200hp turbo, and maybe AWD, but it wasn't to be. Now SVT is abandoning the small cars and will stick with the Lightning pickup and the SVT version of the new Mustang. From what I have seen in the reports, the new Chevy Cobalt SS will be what the Focus should have developed into.

PS Repairs to date: Two factory reflashes on the chip and one
engine mount bracket. 32mpg on the Interstate and awesome on the Tail of the Dragon!

PS II Someone asked last year, what the difference was between the SVT and a regular Focus. I told him that it was exactly the same....except for the engine, transmission, exaust, suspension, brakes, wheels, tires, interior, and front and rear body work.

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 07-20-2004 at 08:34 PM.