View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Happy SVX
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Uhggg, I think my transmission is done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskymaniac View Post
So he shouldn't have had flow restrictions problems or heat problems. Did he get 147K on the original tranny or did a rebuilt tranny fail? If it was a rebuilt, how many miles did he get on it before his unfortunate issues popped up? I guess what I am wondering is if the cooler and synthetic ATF helped extend the life, had no effect or, worst case, had a detrimental effect? Being a 1992, if it had 147K on the original tranny, that would be very encouraging with regards to what he did to prevent or delay this event.

Good luck Sean. I hope you are able to get this repaired at a good price.
We were speculating that it is the original transmission mainly because it didn't have a blue torque converter in it. If I could have properly adjusted the brake band as soon as I felt something strange it may have lasted a bit longer. I had the How to Doc, but hadn't tried it yet.
I bought the car 3 years ago assuming that I would eventually have to replace the transmission. It kind of sucks, but was not completely unexpected and I am looking forward to having 4.44 gears installed.
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007