View Single Post
Old 09-13-2002, 03:42 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
<I'm NOT a bad guy. At all. I'm polite, generous, and really easy to get along with.>

Uhm, I'll let that one speak for itself.

<This is what pisses me off, I'm BLUNT.>

No, you're not "Blunt" you're belligerent. There's a difference. I appreciate bluntness. I abhor belligerence.

<When someone suggests a STUPID idea, I'm not going to sugar coat it. That idea was STUPID. Just because someone says it like it is doesn't mean that they should be banned.>

"Stupid" is your opinion. If you said something like "I think that's a stupid idea" it's a little different from acting as if your "autoratative expertise" deems something to be so. That's not "sugar coating" that's accepting the responsibility for your opinion instead of wholesale demoralization.

<If you recall the FIRST post I made here, I recieved a response that was completely and totally out of line. I came here wanting great things, and one of your UTOPIAN members literally threw it right back in my face.>

I just read your first post. Most of it seemed to be an attempt to teach this board what an SVX was. The rest was The first two posts that followed were kind and warm welcomes. The third post was from a girl who was less than happy with your sexist line, "I learned how to drive stick in it, how to handle girls in it, everything." Being rather BLUNT (something you should appreciate), and using absolutely no profanity, nor real insults, she basically told you how she felt, and, at least added the caveat, "sorry guys, i am not in the greatest mood today......" To which you responded, in what has come to be your typical manner, "Greetings asshole," and went off on one of your patented tirades. Sounds like a case of not being able to take what one dishes out, to me.

<Maybe instead of being so 'offended' you should look in the mirror.>

I can look in the mirror. I have no problems with what I see. Offense is not the problem here. Attitude is the problem here.

<I'm NOT out to piss anybody off>

Then don't.

<I'm not out to annoy people>

You could've fooled me.

<I'm just here to meet some new people who share my interests.>

Your interests seem to be pissing people off and annoying them. So, I'll have to hand it to you there. You're doing a FINE job.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI