View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
<grin> Thanks everyone for the responses. Yeah, I'll stick around. I made too many friends on this site to go too far. I mean, e46fanatics.com is an awesome board, too... but it's just too busy. This community's still just the right size to be a community without too many "me too's". I might bring my car to a meet sometime soon as well

As for the decision... yeah, it was right. My kids are both still under 10, so it's a long time before I can really justify a daily driver that's got two doors. While they were still small, I could cram them in the back seat but even that was getting awkward. They both loved my car, too but they both love the Beamer as well

I think it's unlikely I'll own another SVX. If I win the lottery or suddenly get a 50%+ pay raise then possibly as a hobby car... but at this point in my life I can't justify a hobby car at all. If I could... maybe a DeLorean...

Seriously, I'll be around and I'll still be posting. I will still check in occasionally. And yes, I'm going to start listing parts here this weekend... I'd rather they go to a good home.

As well as the hub tamer, I've got that 6000K HID kit I bought the week before I sold the car...

My Rides:
Red 1996 SVX LSi (Saffron)
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 (Kaitlin)

Previously owned; green '95 L AWD (sold), black/pearlie '94 LSi (too many problems), Polo Green '96 SVX LSi (apparently notThe end of an era)

Member #2 in the Yahoo! club, been here since the beta-testing days. In dire need of a cheaper hobby.