Thread: SVX Value
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 12:09 PM
<-- custom hood ornament

Send a message via AIM to AlcyoneDaze Send a message via Yahoo to AlcyoneDaze
I drive in the winter, in the mud, in the rain, in the dust, whatever. I don't have the option of garaging my car. The CEL has been on since I bought the car and I don't care. I use 89 grade occasionally. Change my oil religiously. I manually shift the transmission from stoplights in town and run out the gears. Do some relaxed cornering on the twisties. I put 10k miles on my car since I bought it and am very pleased with the car.

Bought the car for a little over $3k+, and when all is said and done, I hope to break even when/if I decide to sell the car. If a repair bill comes up that is more than what I paid? She gets run into the ground, parted out, or sold to a member. If it lasts, I'll keep putting in money for maintenance.

It was always my dream car, since I was a kid I thought it was awesome, and now I own one! But I'm realistic, it'll never be a 'collectors car', but at least the depreciation has stabilized, someone will want the car when I go to sell mine.

Example: Toyota Celica All-Trac/GT4... All Wheel Drive, 200hp, leather, lots of options, ahead of its time looks in 1990, and about 15,000 sold in the US over a four year run. A comparable car to the SVX: You WILL NOT find one for under $5,000, no matter what the mileage, no matter what condition, no matter what problems. This car is destined to be a collector's car, the SVX is not - why?
JDM 'ALCYONE' Rear Panel
JDM 'BOXER' Eingngine Cover
JDM 'SVX' Hood Badge
L-Edition Suede Rear Seats