View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Another headlight restoration... With a twist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
Thanks for the link.
I think I will deal with the plastic headlights ones for now though. Mine are clear and I could not justify the cost.

LED strips can be had for cheep and will definitely fit.
I would do a little research prior to buying as all LED strips are not equal, get something quality or you will be doing all that work again.
Wrapping them into the side markers will mean double the work, but it sure would look cool.

How about a strip of LEDs inside the waterfall grill? That is what I have been pondering. I thought from the first time I saw the SVX that there should be a light (or lights) in there. I think that would be pretty easy. Maybe just a couple LEDs facing across the grill to make it glow.
Or if you are into parkinglot-shows, a strip of those million-color-change (with remote control) would be fun.

The Halos on my bike make the look of the bike I think.
It would look wrong without them.
I replaced every single light on the bike, along with the turn-signal controller (so the turn signals would also run full time as 1/4 bright running lights)
All light except the high beams are LEDs and the main beams are 55Watt HID's (equal light output to 150W halogens). I would not put the 55W HIDs into a car because they are just too bright and annoy other drivers, but on the bike, being seen is life or death. I have never been so well seen as I am now that I installed these lights.

Have you seen this?
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ght=svx+lights