View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Pictures, New paint, New color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
And what do you mean by paint code? isn't it 247? or are you looking for its formulation? If so I think I can help.
I agree with you Danny. Mike621's solid claret repaint looks infinitely better than the stock claret/black two-tone.

The factory paint code for Swiss Ruby Mica (sometimes called just Red Mica) is 247. It seemed to be available in the JDM for 1991-1993 and in Australia and New Zealand about the same time. I have been trying to find an international paint company that could supply its formulation.

Bipa's car is a Swiss SVX which was bought while in Germany, so Switzerland could have gotten that color as well.

Any paint supplier in those markets should be able to formulate matching paint to match that color.

Since these formulas are not available in the US, the only way to duplicate it here is to have a scan of a Swiss Ruby part (or paint chip) and have it computer matched over here, using our paints. The important part is the kind and size of the matallic "mica"

We have a couple of Swiss members who may be able to help as well. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated. This color is too magnificent not to share with any member here desiring a red repaint.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .