Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 04:51 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Unhappy Camry Chase Car - kaput & SVX sighting

Well, the trusty Camry SVX Pursuit vehicle has had an intermittent oil leak for some time now - more of an irritance than anything else and required only a top up before I drove it (about once a week now since we live close to a station)

Saturday afternoon we go out, I add some oil (about 2 litre) and off we go...stupid stupid James should have CHECKED the oil level

Oil light comes on..."oh dear"...get to a servo, buy oil....it takes 4 litres *getting stressed now*, drive off...beeping from behind...I turn around:

the best way to describe this is imagine one of those acrobatic planes with the thick white smoke, well....imagine one driving down Balaclave Road, Eastwood in 5pm Saturday traffic!

Pull over, car is getting sluggish to respond then a wierd metallic noise from engine.....*extremely unprintable language as stress levels cause multiple blood vessels to pop*

Car stuffed - towed to a mechanic and I should know in a few hours what it is.

Sunday, I go to pick up my brother *using my mum's Camry* out at Kellyville...he decides he wants McDonalds so we pull in...as we round a corner he says "look, its an SVX"...I look over and see the back of a charcoal grey SVX sticking out...as it comes more into view I see black on white number plates beginning 'SVX...'

"*&&^**&, someone's stolen my car" - I get ready to block it in and see that it is 'SVX 093' , with aftermarket rims......felt sick thinking that my poor SVX had been stolen! Left a note but have not heard from them.

Anyone want to buy a Camry sans engine???

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!