Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by pylon500
'Evening All,
Just read;
I think the wiring for keeping the car in POWER mode is pretty simple. Before I bought mine, I read about in in the FAQ.
I take it that the FAQ's are in Technical Q & A ?, I'm, still reading them but haven't found that bit yet but it sounds interesting.
I'm beginning to think I may still have a problem with my box in that I can't seem to notice the torque converter going into lockup mode (granted after a full overhaul it should be imperceptible) but what I do notice is that the moment I back off the accelerator, the tacho drops almost to idle and the car just coasts with no attempt to decelerate, is this normal

OK, that's enogh for tonight, need more sleep
Arthur.
The FAQ that I referred to was Terry Maclane's, see:

http://my.voyager.net/~tmclane/index.html#_Toc482082587

Lots of good info for you.

Paddles is PaddlesNZ, see the post above yours. He is based in Gunma, the home of our SVX, and has a wealth of knowledge about the cars and the markets.

You do have a gearbox problem, mine used to do that before I got it refurbished. I suspect some of your clutches are seized, but possibly it could be that some of the valves are sticking/damaged, and not bringing the over-run clutch into play.

Harvey, if he reads this, can probably give you a good diagnosis on what is happening inside the slushbox for this to happen.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 05-23-2003 at 07:51 AM.