View Single Post
Old 01-09-2006, 01:26 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist
Hi James

Good to hear from you. Hope you and Cassie enjoy your trip to the States next month.

As a BTW, have you any view on the paint codes we are discussing in a couple of other threads? Like in http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30550
and
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30141

Paddles has informed me that JDM paint codes tend to be two numbers only, such as 035 for Ebony Mica.
Most of us show 235 for Ebony Mica. This may well be an export designation, and the majority of people have the Ebony Mica with the red tint deep in the paint.

Many people have seen Ebony Mica with a green mica base in the paint, but we are so far unsure what is the paint code for this green-based black paint.

Were you aware of it's existence? Any ideas?

Joe
Hi Joe

I think Moshol in the Down Under forum (if she is reading this!) should be able to give the AU paint code as she has a green SVX - Australia got only one green (was a brighter green) compared to other markets where there was darker, more British Racing Green colour, in the States for example but I think maybe 4 or 5 tops were sold in that colour (that was post 1995 when SVX sales approached single digits).

With the Australian black cars, it was a different colour to that of the JDM black car (of which I have seen only, a JDM 4ws import that was sold to someone in Canberra) - the cars sold new were more of a solid black but I don't have any contact details with me here in Blighty - the fellow that I am thinking of may have sold the car, given how many have offloaded them back home in recent times!

I had tried to get Subaru Australia to help out with the Australian sales figures, breakdown and colour split but never heard back from them - now they seek an SVX for their collection! Grrrrrrrrrr

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!

Last edited by Jamsvx; 01-09-2006 at 01:29 PM.