View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:25 PM

Registered SVX
Had a very busy weekend

Been busy this weekend friday I had to get a new tire, discount tire store had what I needed. Sat I set about to change my rotors and pads and put SS brake lines on. I found one front lug nut had been cross threaded and it broke off. My rear tire had another cross threaded nut but it did not break off it wore a groove into the stud and was just spinning. I put tires back on went back there to have them get it off, the shop they use for that was closed on the weekends I ended up getting it off by applying pressure to the back of the tire and pushing it off while using an impact on the nut.
So got the tires off the car finally but 2 studs destroyed, I then changed out the lines and pulled the rotors pounded out the studs and went to the parts store and got new ones front was very easy got it in new rotor on and new ceramic pads on. Moved on to the rear, that dang drum type parking brake sucks took a bit of time but got that one done as well the rest of the lines rotors and pads went fairly smooth.

Sunday went to ocala fl with my new drop springs and got some struts and mounts he helped me put them in he has air tools so that helped a lot. Not sure if he is a member here but he is on the world forums, silver92mike if you see this a very very big thank you. got a few other parts from him as well, the rear deck cover looks amazing carpet is not peeling. Today my 97 grill finally came in about 5pm at the moment its just grey I will get it painted white or possibly black soon.
Today had lots of things to do so I couldnt get pictures in better light beside it rained all day so there was never great light.
Here are a few pictures of the results.

This isnt a very good picture of me, though dont think there are any good ones

The body shop came through very nicely on my stereo
the pic onscreen is my youngest son.

This one gets info from the radio station on song and artist.

These are the struts I pulled out of the car, will reuse them for the koni's soon as I can get them. 3 never came back up since sunday when we pulled them