View Single Post
Old 10-10-2014, 06:45 AM

Registered SVX
Re: soon to be back in a SVX again

correct, both airbags intact.
The VIN tag on the hood, and the front bumper beam match the numbers on the car, so I don't think it has had previous work.

Took the seat covers off, to find minty passenger, and driver side is real good, but has one small split seam on the bottom cushion. The rear seat upper portion, near the very middle, has shrunk some and the stitching is starting to pull in the inner where sun hits.
Car doesn't have paint fade on top, and the only evidence of previous paintwork is on the single left rear splash guard as if the bumper cover on the left rear was at least sprayed some.

Going to go see if the yard near me still has the hood today.....and if so, the hood will be coming off tonight and new one going on this weekend.

engine started right off and was healthy sounding....but there is some sort of exhaust leak up front. The Y pipe into the single pipe has some gasket maker seal (looks like red bubble gum) so they tried to fix the leak, but I don't think it is leaking at that place, think it is leaking before that.....so that may be costly, unless someone has a good stock exhaust they pulled off for me to buy....rear exhaust still looks good.
97 SVX Lsi 70k
2003 s2000
91 RT4WD 166K

Last edited by bheinen74; 10-10-2014 at 06:48 AM.