View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: Subaru launches 2011 Mediocrity marketing campaign

I saw the new STi sedan at the gas station yesterday. It was wearing Illinois Manufacturer plates, but I'm not sure if they're on sale yet. I got a pic of it but it's stuck on this stupid phone until I get another computer running. The guy driving it was pretty cool and we talked about Subaru's current lineup while we both filled up. Seems to me like they're banking all of their sales on brand loyalty from folks like us (remember the Forester campaign where people were getting a replacement for their old Forester). Aside from that the only car likely to bring in new customers is the new STi, but even this guy thought the GC was the best generation Impreza and they've been going downhill since the introduction of the bugeye. I'll be a Subaru fanboy 'till I die, but I'll have to qualify that with "pre-Y2K Subarus" because I'm not a fan of anything they're doing today. The last year's big changes were a disgusting break in tradition for those of us who've been loyal for years. I'd understand if the new GIANT Legacys were bringing in new customers, but I don't think that they are.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.