View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
I've admired Gordon since my dirt-track-loving sister clued me in to keep an eye on him when he hit the Bush circuit. He adapted SO quick to Montoya's Williams at Indy a year back....amazed the Williams guys. Can she pick 'um, or what? Yes, he would have had number 5 under the old system, but no use crying over spilt Quaker State. Nascar and the fans got what Nascar wanted....a nail-biter right down to the final lap of the final race. The best guy over the last 10 races won...barely. Fighting hard to build a points lead just doesn't buy you anything anymore. The teams will have to go back to the drawing boards and adjust to how to run for the Cup from now on.

Meanwhile, after the big night in New York next month, Jeff and Jimmy will have to catch some transatlantic shut-eye so that they can be sharp against Sir Michael in Paris. They won it once before, so anything is possible. I wish Tony Stewart and Robbie Gordon could go too.

Expenses have skyrocketed in all forms of racing, and I really don't know what the answer is. I wonder what would happen if NO major manufacturer ran in WRC? Turn it back to the privateers with a little factory backing here and there? Something will shake down in the next couple of years, that's for sure, in all the different series.....except, as you say PA_SVX, Nascar.

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"