View Single Post
Old 12-11-2003, 01:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by ww111
Great advice all the way around...

The only computers I haven't built from scratch in the last several years are the laptops. and since I'm a windoze user I have resigned to the "reformat to regain performance mantra" it was actually one of the first things I did. I'm just having difficulty thinking a gamepad could slow things so drasticaly. I mean I do have 9 USB slots taken up on this thing and the difference between all or none (not counting the gamepad) is a couple of points on the benchmark. The gamepad drops it by 75%.

Also, and I'm not exagerating... After a reformat it takes me 2 days to get back up to speed, and get everything reloaded. I just bought "Ghost" so I'm hoping to reduce that time now.

Collins
feeling nerdy
Well, laptops are difficult to build yourself - it's not like you can get the separate components and assemble them.

And, I'm not disagreeing with you or Chris about the reformatting - I've done it many, many times myself after I've determined that the machine just needs a refresh. This just seemed obvious to me that some process associated with the controller was acting in a way it shouldn't - taking up a lot of the CPU's time, or way too much memory, or both. And I bet Logitech has heard of the problem and is either fixing it or has fixed it - or knows how you can fix it yourself.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE