View Single Post
Old 02-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by alltrac
Hey Chike, be happy you can do the gold 93. We have 91 craptane in California. $490 is on the steep side, but my guess is LAN was going to charge around the same price.
Honestly Vic, at this price point, I may not be able to get the chip until Xmas '05 (guessing shipping + instal will bring total price closer to $600).

But I may just take the plunge. They do have a money back guarantee (less shipping + install costs) and I plan to put the car on a dyno if I do in fact buy the chip.

Also, if they're willing to do a group buy at 5 people with some discount in pricing, we may be able to get that number of OBDII SVXers to sign up...

-Chike

P.S. BTW, I installed the phenolic spacers on my car today with SVXfiles. Actual install took 3 hours, but should have been closer to 2. We ran into a hitch with the ac pipe and a curved piece of the intake manifold that lies just below it. However, a little 5 minute filing of that curved piece with a $4 file solved probelm. Otherwise the install was a charm. We deatched my egr pipe but the gaskets were in good condition and could be re-used. There were no leaks afterwards and my resting idle is still a stock 600 rpms.

P.P.S. Should have a brief write-up with pics by Sunday night. No check-engine lights or any problems on my 3 hour drive back home from Tom's place...

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)

Last edited by Chiketkd; 02-13-2005 at 12:14 AM.