View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Very Terrific Driver

Registered SVX
Re: Full bushings replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92snowmachine View Post
you probably don't have to replace the bushings unless they are worn out. the poly bushings aren't necessary just a nice upgrade if you need them already. i think there are several mechanics on the site (including me) that could walk you through anything you have specific questions about.
Ok? But "everywhere" on this site people say "REPLACE THE BUSHINGS"

Of course, if I don't have to spend those money now, that's fine! God knows I have other things to spend them on (body treatment, engine).

How can I tell if a bushing is worn? How severely do worn bushes affect the car's performance, handling and safety?

Some good news, I apparently found the right shop for me. Recommended by a colleague who owns four Maserati (yet does most of the work himself on those cars). It might cost a bit but at least proper, caring professionals and enthusiasts will undertake all the work this time. Gradually I will get into things myself. And yes, I can change tires.

Sorry for being such a fop but living downtown in a city working with abstract things... you just aren't forced to know anything about cars and mechanics
I'm ready to f...