View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 03:24 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdownunder
Hi Guys,
I'm even later to this so I hope every one had a good time over the holidays....

We have just got our first svx and so I'm busy reading through all of this and very usful it is too.

We are in the South of North Island, and would love to meet up with others who are a bit more local.... sorry to those of you up in Aukland but it is a bit too far to go just for a spin....lol

The only things we have found wrong with the the car so far are the blanking cover from the right hand side of switchs is missing and the lights don't work on the vanity mirrors. Any ideas?

Happy2007 to All

Alex
Greetings and welcome Alex,

For the blanking cover try the following who have wrecks on hand :-

Waiuku Car Spares, 114 Kitchener Rd, Phone 09 235 7166.

Subaru Recycled Parts, 116 Railside Ave. Henderson, Auckland, Phone 09 836 5549.

There have been reports on this network regarding trouble with the wiring to the sun visors. Have a look see.

N.B. Particularly important for you in hilly Wellington. Drive the car in third unless on the open road. Fourth is an overdrive and at city speeds the poor tranny hunts up and down 3/4/3/ constantly. Watch the tachometer for evidence of the high gearing involved. I am sure that this causes a lot to the problems many report. Notably I have had none.

I have not had any trouble obtaining spare parts. Anything not in stock has been sourced from Japan within 10/14 days, and the above have used stuff on hand. That said I have required little more than wear and tear replacements, over a period of seven years.

Cheers from north of the Bombays, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!