View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 01:43 AM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
New Assorted Advice Needed Thread

OK.. heres whats wrong... on my way to pick up the eclipse to take back to school to work on, definitly got a small, I believe ice caused, chip in my windshield that immediatly spawned a 8inch or so crack horizontally across the windshield, just a couple inches higher than would be in my direct view of the road. its now about 14 inches long. I'm planning on claiming this on my insurance, just wondering if there are any key words/phrases i should mention to make sure they cover it. (state farm insurance)

Next problem, My alignment is off on my car (toe is out on both sides by about 1 degree) which I believe is caused by both inner and outer tie rods being bent. How expensive would this be to fix?

Next, my moms car is getting a misfire on cylinder 1 about once every.... say 3 months. It also is now registering a failure on the 3rd O2 sensor.. (not sure if its the heater circuit or not) What kinds of things should I be looking for, and what things could I eliminate for my mechanic if it comes to that. (we're pretty friendly)

And if you feel extra helpful... I'm having a problem with that 93 GSX... i'll post on the DSM forum for that, but PM if you're curious. (might just be a failed battery now, already replaced the alternator... boy was that fun )

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker