View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 01:47 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

That's it. This is the end of our conversations, forever. This is the stupidest ****ing thing I've ever heard of. Ben Franklin once said "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

You are now on my ignore list, good riddance.

- Rob
It's a shame that we can't have a decent discussion without getting all upset and going the ignore route. Although I agree with Ben's point of view. I have to admit that Ben himself may say differently if he was alive today. Do we not give away privacy when we step into the airport? It's kept the guy with C4 shoe bomb off the plane. The schools with repeated gang violence resorts to using mesh or clear plastic schoolbags along with the installments of metal detectors for the students. Privacy lost, reduction in school shootings gained. If you prefer to have more hijacks or kids shooting your future kids go right ahead. Last time I checked the bill of rights, we are protected from unreasonable searches. We are the ones that determine what's reasonable and what's not. Is it reasonable to setup surveillence in a subdivision to keep your family and kids safe at the expense of being recorded? In my book it sure is. Of course, not many of you have had friends murdered either, so it's easy to think that way. Too bad, I thought Mr. Robert and myself were actually getting somewhere. Oh well, the world still spins.

Last edited by Noir; 03-11-2004 at 01:50 AM.