View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Re: 4.44 where does it come from?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm probably not the best placed to speak on the noise necessarily, or the gas mileage. I'm simply speaking from my experience with my previous '96 which was almost deathly quiet even at 65-70mph as well as its gas mileage. In roughly the same driving I netted between 21 and 24mpg in that car, only once getting less than 20mpg when I was driving a lot on snow and ice. The only time I've seen my current '96 squeak above 20mpg was when I drove it from Denver to St. Louis... which is by the way one of the most boring drives on Earth

I'm not too fussed though. The car runs beautifully apart from noisy wheel bearings on the front (ordered everything except the bearing seals... DUH!) and a slightly imbalanced cooling fan that makes the car shake a little at stop when the A/C is on. And the gas mileage would only be an issue if I still had a car payment... which thankfully I just got rid of

My Rides:
Red 1996 SVX LSi (Saffron)
2007 Yamaha FJR1300 (Kaitlin)

Previously owned; green '95 L AWD (sold), black/pearlie '94 LSi (too many problems), Polo Green '96 SVX LSi (apparently notThe end of an era)

Member #2 in the Yahoo! club, been here since the beta-testing days. In dire need of a cheaper hobby.