View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 07:45 PM
cosmecar

well guys I understand that the oil is leaking from the seal but doesn't actually get burned in the cylinder but what actually happens is it leaks from the seal onto the exhaust or is blown on the the exahaust when driving and that's what causes the smoke. My concern is where is the camshaft seal actually located and is there a quick way to fix this. If I were to replace the seal myself would it be a big project or not and I would like to have a diagram to go by. The other problems they revelled were the ABS system is working; that I was aware of but they didn't say why, that the diferential would have to be replaced which I had done complements of AAMCO Transmission, and the securuty system doesn't work as well as the key fobs, when diriving the car I hear lots of wobles and shakes as if it's going to fall apart but other then that I think that's it. I had the tires balanced and the front two replaced. Although the back two are in ok condition they are diferent from the front and they are both different brands so I don't know if that has something to do with it. I thouhgt it might be the whell bearings but I can't tell if it's that of some other underlying problem. The back drum brakes were replaced beacuse they were making a squicking noise but they still squick. Also after driving at high speeds when I come to a stop it seems to strugle to stay running. Like it's an old 4 cylinder with the AC on and wants to cut of when stoped. If you guys have any suggestions I would really apreciate it.
Thanks