View Single Post
Old 12-06-2001, 12:07 PM
Hitchhikin'

How long have youy been driving the SVX? The auto trannies nowadays learn from a driver's habits when they want to downshift, etc. When I first started driving the SVX, it would usually shift up at about 2500-3000 revs, unless I really stepped hard on the gas. Now, it shifts closer to 4000-4500. It's also much better at predicting when I want to downshift now, and usually shifts down when I put moderate acceleration on it. A little bit off topic, but I used to drive a 1990 Acura Legend, which has a separate sport mode. I drove that car for two years or so, and now the sport mode is usualy unwilling to shift below 4500 and downshifts when I want it to, because it knows how I drive. In comparison, if I drive it in normal mode, it still shifts at very low revs and takes a lot of pedal travel to force a down shift, which I think verifies that the auto trannies "learn" how you drive.

Also, power mode is fairly strange for me, it seems to be more of how fast you hit the pedal as opposed to how far you push it. I've tapped the gas really quickly and gotten power mode to light up, while there have been times where I can't get to power mode even at WOT.