View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 06:03 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Accepted to grad school! Summer plans

So, there's now a week left in my last semester before graduating with a bachelors in biomedical sciences. One final exam and one research paper, and I'm done. Well sort of. I just found out I got officially accepted to a graduate program about a week ago. I'll be coming back in August to start grad school at the same school, in the same research lab where I've been volunteering for the past year, to start working toward a PhD in Organic Chemistry. Needless to say, the wife and I are super excited.

So, seeing as how the next 4 years are going to busy with research, I've put together a little list of all of the car projects I want to get finished with over the summer:

SVX:

6-speed swap -clutch/flywheel/pressure plate have been resurfaced. found out it's a ~2600 lb pressure plate and got a stage 1 clutch.
poly bushings
konis/dayle's springs -changed my mind, G/C coilovers instead, which have also arrived
brake fluid/pads - done (Redstuff pads f/r and superblue)
plugs
stebro exhaust
wheel bearings
maybe some interior work
apkarian's LED tails

The majority of these parts are sitting in my garage, ready to go as soon as I get a chance.

Also be helping to get my brother's 240 put back together now that the motor's built and together:

240:
put engine back in -done
change ecu to SR20DE ecu -wiring harness about halfway hooked up
wire-in boost controller and ecu piggyback
trunk-mounted battery -all the wiring is done, gotta mount the battery itself
Update: We just discovered the hood doesn't shut all the way. Gotta figure something out, but most likely it'll end up looking like tom's beast.

What do y'all think? Any other miscellaneous maintenance I should do while I have the car all apart? I need to order some valve cover gaskets and cam seals to do those as well, anything else I should reseal while I'm at it?

I could also really use some general advice on the 6-speed swap. I'll post pics of all the parts I've got for it later.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album

Last edited by icingdeath88; 07-04-2010 at 09:52 PM.