View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Exclamation To Buy or Not to Buy, This is The Q

A friend of mine owns a nice 93 Pearlie back home. This car has been very well maintained over the years (only in suby dealership).

Now I am facing many dilemmas:

1- I intend to... euh get married to a very beautiful and well educated girl 1.5years from now. Cost of marriage ($25,000) and I am restoring my apartment as we speak and will be costing me around $50,000 in redesign and furniture.

2- I love the SVX a lot. I own a modified one especially in the exterior and I always dreamed of getting another and leave it completely OEM (except external cooler + filter).

3- Both my parents and GF are Ok with me having two cars for now, the SVX and the 350Z. I dunno what their reaction would be if they see me buying a third car (well a fourth one since I also own a VW MK1)
I think my dad will be using the rest of the RPG shells that he still have

4- The guy is asking around $7500 for his SVX. For a guy who appreciates this car and knows his true value, I think it is worth it. The car is near an immaculate condition.

I told him his car is worth between $5000 and $6000 as an approximate value, he replied that for $5000 he prefers to let it ROT in his garage

Well I thought if for $5000, I would apply for a bank loan for $230 per month/24 months. That way this amount would not be squeezing me from what is more important in my life (each person has priorities ).

But for $7500... I dunno I just cannot bear it at present time. How to convince that guy with $5000?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.