View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 05:13 AM
SVXNATION

SVXNATION Formal Invite

They say it's better late than never and in this case, I suppose this is more than a year overdue.

My name is Jamie. My lovely wife Vonya and I are the co-founders of what most of you now know to be SVXNATION. What started out as a simple Instagram profile meant to be a simple exhibition feed of our favorite SVX-related photographs has turned out to be something amazing unexpectedly!

As a young teen I owned a Subaru SVX and once I hit my 30s you could say I went through a bit of a midlife crisis. I have owned well over 30 vehicles but never found one that quite replaced the SVX. Shortly before my 30th birthday my wife and I purchased a 1997 SVX. Shortly after that we purchased a show car that many of you have seen that was built by F.A.S.T. of West Chester. In September of this year my wife suffered a nearly fatal accident in the 97. But if it weren't for the Subaru's incredible engineering there is no doubt in our minds that Vonya would not still be here today. With a new found love for not only the looks and feel of the SVX, but the undeniable safety these odd cars provide, we have come out of our recent hardship stronger than ever.

That being said SVXNATION has now grown exponentially and what once was simply a Facebook page meant to mirror our Instagram feed has turned into the central hub of the SVX community. Just a year-and-a-half later SVXNATION is still in its infancy, but the word "community" no longer does justice to what the Nation means to us. All of our members have quite literally become a family. We do not in any way attempt to take credit for the "Creation" of said family but humbly express our gratitude as we have been fortunate enough to have simply been adopted

What we see day-in and day-out is a constant stream of members who put forth no shortage of effort in helping one another, lifting each other up far beyond the trivial car repairs and well into each other's lives.

The purpose of this post and I do apologize for being long-winded is in order to bridge the gap with those that may have been missed in the past year-and-a-half and rectify a very clear failure to communicate. Not everyone prefers Facebook, although that is the primary form of communication being used by the community today, which is the reason why we take the time to branch out into all forms of social media. We welcome members new and old with open arms and hope you will join us next year for the SVX 25th Anniversary meet in Lafayette, Indiana, where we hope to finally put some faces to the names of those we have still yet to meet!

Thank you all for your time,

Jamie & Vonya Price
Founders of SVXNATION

We are a combination of both the Network the Forums and a plethora of new bloods! We have close to 6000 members on all forms of social media worldwide. What's all the fuss about? We're just the next logical step in a social media-driven World! As one of the community's longest-running members explained: If the the traditional forums are the library... SVXNATION would most certainly be the popular corner coffee shop

www.svxnation.com

Last edited by SVXNATION; 11-22-2016 at 08:03 AM.