View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 05:37 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMINORMAN
If there is a problem on the high pressure side of the line shouldn't there be fluid streaming out the breach?

If on the return side, would this somehow allow air into the system?

I would kinda' think air getting into the system (foe example, at the O-ring) would be sucked into the pump, generating the bubbles, etc.

When I refilled the system the fluid was initially pushed out the return line in a liquid form (no frothing), then air, then the frothy pink form which is what escapes out the cap and finally drains the system.

The operative words now included, "and finally drains the system." make clear that not previously so. The symptoms have been presented in a rather confusing fashion, not an unusual problem.

It would now appear that no leaking hoses were/are involved. It is now clear that pressure, including a content of air within the fluid, is bypassing a valve or a seal. Air also entering suggests a seal. This will be occurring within the rack assembly rather than the pump.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!