View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 07:20 PM

Registered SVX
Re: anyone that owns a prius or other (recalled toyotas )

I agree completely. As someone who deals daily with supplier and union issues, and deals with MHI (Subaru is a subdivision of MHI. look at your VIN tag) KHI, and other suppliers from countries such as Italy, Spain, France, etc. etc. I can say with the upmost confidence that what most of the world have to offer does not touch the japanese in engineering. Or mechanical assembly. They do things to spec, it is done right the first time, and hardly ever is behind schedule. On the other hand, I have been doing re-work for other aerospace companies from other countries around the world for 2 years now. Most of it is hack work that does not deserve to come through the factory doors. I am constantly disgusted by the quality of work most people on this planet do.

As for american made, it does not mean anything anymore except OVERPRICED. Some american made cars, airplanes, toys, guitars, furniture, electronics, etc. are very nice. Some are a disgrace to their industry. While this is true in most places around the world, Japan happens to be one of the places that stays on the extreme side of the spectrum most often. They continually push engineering boundaries, and there is hardly every a problem with manufacturing.

I would not buy an american made car unless it was a Corvette, or a late 60's fastback. The ONLY REASON is because I fell in love as a child, and they both hold a special place for me. More of an image thing I suppose.

(By the way, I was once told that in Chinese Wal-Marts, they carry exclusively american made items)

EDIT : name more than 3 strong unions that get full benefits, make over 40 dollars an hour on average, and have pensions paying more than 90$ a month per year of service. This country is dying, and the day of the teamsters is over. There is not one union that is gaining ground in contract negotiations. We are a bunch (generally speaking) of spineless children living off of our parents hard work and devotion. Quickly plunging into debt and poverty.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted

Last edited by Cam; 03-24-2010 at 07:23 PM.