View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Avalanche Alcyoneer
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: summer is over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
i don't. driving behind some white-knuckled goon in a Dodge Charger with summer tires going 10mph in the snow is not my idea of fun.
During my old commute between Reno and North Tahoe in the winter, this situation you speak of would be every 5 miles or so going up and down the hill. The absolute WORST were the asians (no offense to asian members ) on vacation here to ski. They would literally drive 5 mph with their blinkers on, and did not understand the concept of turnouts. This cause many dangerous situations as people would try to pass them on double lines out of desperation.

On a side note, our shop was right at the bottom of Mt Rose highway, at the end of a descent of about 3000 feet in a few miles worth of road. At least twice a day, sometimes 6 or 7 times, someone would pull into out lot with their brakes smoking heavily from riding the pedal alllll the way down from the pass. Its great how many people go through life not giving a second thought about their driving habits and the catastrophic damage it can do to their cars

Postcount +1 !!

"A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still"

New?? Find the downloadable SVX Online Service Manual Here
RECOMMENDED READING for newer SVX owners Here some cool info if not fully accurate.