View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Memory dump of ECU

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
It uses a formula for voltage correction of the latency value so there is no table.

The starting fuel methodology will be different than for the nemisis as well so the starting pulse width, idle enrichment, and cold idle enrichment tables wouldn't be much use either.

The right way to do it for that system is to get the injector latency measured at all those voltages with the correct fuel pressure to be used. That's one of the advanced services at rc engineering.

You are right, thats why I am still in the market for an adjustable voltage DC power source. This way I can actually find the injector response times...

I spent a long time writing the cold start fuel maps and cranking enrichment maps. They are actually very good the way I have written them. But the bad part is, I will likely need to do them all over again after I get the correct response times for the injectors... Thing is, regardless of close they may be, it is going to vary slightly from car to car due to age of the wiring harnesses and how much resistance they have lost or gained over the years. So it will need to be done for every car if you want it to be that precise. It really only needs to be done if one was to run VE mode in the Nemesis. VE mode doesn't really gain you anything excpet the ability to change injectors w/ the entry of a new flow rate into the system. But all thing considered... tuning in ms is much better IMHO

Tom