View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 10:57 PM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
the backs of them are lined with copper trails (like a microchip) i souldnt reccomend cutting them i would use a double side tape, the trim plate will also hold them down butthe tape will prevent slippage, i wondered if is simply switched the wiring from the temp to the fuel and visa versa would the needles read accurate on the swapped meters, (needle gearing needs ot be considered...the fuel and temps would need to be eaxctly mirrored versions mechanically to work like that) but i found my guages to not be worth putting into my car. i kept stock. the ones withthe dimmer shown abive were the other pair i purchased and were far superior. but im still looking for a set that is "just right"

the ones withthe reversed fuel and temps were the ones i really did not like.

they would work if you just installed the tach and the speedometer faces and removed the other 2. its all a matter of what you want

when you recieve the 15 dollar ones let me know if yours are scuffed and dirty from the packaging as well, im curious as to if hes gotten any cleaner in his work in the past 6 months
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)