Thread: FEA help??
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 09:05 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVX10
haha..I knew this is all the help I'd get. It's a problem none of the FEA professors here at school could figure out..the SVX network was my absolute last hope To make this thread more interesting I'll just tell you what I'm modeling. My group in my senior capstone class has decided to design the Warthog from Halo. It's gonna be the "Jeep Warthog" just since it seems to fit the Jeep image pretty well. Plus, that way we can borrow components from other Jeeps and Dodge trucks instead of designing them. It'll be a 110" wheelbase, 35" Goodyear MT/R tires, "Hog-trak" 4.0:1 low range, 12" of suspension travel, and some other nifty features. All of it will be built on a space frame...the part that I am having trouble modeling. We're gonna use the 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel from the Ram HD, and we're hoping to keep the weight below 4500lb Should be pretty sweet when finished.

I'm sure you'll get some input from some of our guys as soon as the right ones come around.

As for me, if I can't fix it with duct tape or a BFH, I'm lost.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by Aredubjay; 08-22-2004 at 12:59 AM.