View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chiketkd
svxhunter, I'll say this... Since I'm currently in the market for an SVX, I would pay up to 2K over market value for an SVX with a properly installed 5 spd. Generally, when crap goes wrong with a manual it's a cheaper fix than with an Auto.

I can't begin to tell you the number of clutches I wore out on my old Camaro from dumping the clutch - and each was a $400 fix and I was back racing again. When my wife's 4EAT broke on her old 240SX, we had to take out a loan to cover the 3K repair bill!

-Chike
I certainly understand why a 5-speed is desirable; I'd rather drive a stick any day, especially here in the southern Appalachians. That said, I remain convinced that a well-maintained, (close to) stock SVX is of greater value to the general market than one that has been extensively modded (and probably flogged half to death). Swapping an automatic for a manual-shift in a car that was never offered so equipped qualifies as extensive.

If ever these cars ever actually appreciate in value (as collectibles, or whatever), this will be especially valid.

dcb