View Single Post
Old 07-17-2003, 12:11 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
1. You're probably only going to hear positive comments concerning car seats. This is less due to the SVX's utility and more to the fact that people who did not find the car useful as a family vehicle sold it. I know that many people throuighout the years on this site have sold their SVXs in lieu of a more 'practical' family car.

2. The SVX is a fantastic cruising car, and nothing short of a joy to drive over long distances. Some cars will leave you sore or numb. Some will get you there with no complaints. The SVX will make you want to keep going.

3. Over long trips, I would have to say that my average mileage is around 27mpg. If the terrain is relatively flat and I can keep a constant speed, I have seen as high as 31.4mpg.

4. I don't have multiple SVXs, but I have driven many. What you have to understand is that very, very little was changed on the car over the years. Over a 6-year production run, normally you see changes made to a model. But only 25,000 SVXs were made over that time, and the car was a financial flop. You could say that little was reinvested into further development of the car, or you could say that the car was great the way it was.

I wish you the best of luck in finding an SVX. Take your time and find one that was loved. It's worth the trouble.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE