View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 05:30 PM
The Molinator

Re: Installling Engine: Flex Plate to Torque Converter

To let you know what happened.. .

I called Tom last night (Monday) .. He said check the ground on the back of the intake manifold (pass side).. .

When I took off the intake.. prior to removing the engine.. I started to remove the bolt holding that ground wire connector to the intake. Then I decided to take the wire off WITH the intake! I then switched intakes.. using my old intake on the "new" engine.. When I put it back together.. and on the car.. the ground remained loose, but touching that bolt.. .

Last night. I tightened the bolt.. E V E R Y T H I N G ... W O R K S !!!

A Special Thanks to Tom.. and Nate (who refreshed and sent his low mileage engine to me from Far, Far .. Away) .. and for all their continuing support! Thanks for all members' support and help here also! It's what makes this website .. and SVX experience so great!

Thanks, Jim

Keep in mind.. The speedo, tach, coolant gauge, and cruise control didn't work at all. The AT shifted poorly. The engine idled with surges at times. In fact, the engine died while driving on the freeway yesterday. The CHECK ENGINE light was on constantly, and returned constantly after codes were cleared. IT ALL WORKS NOW! YIKES! I still can't believe it!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!