View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 12:14 PM

Re: Right bank won't fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXDan View Post
That wasn't it, back into the shop it goes.
Mine did the exact same thing. Start great and run great a little ways and then disaster! The Subaru dealer had it and checked it out and worked on it continually for 6 weeks + a day.

They never worked it out. They never even got close. I brought it back home and worked it out myself... (I pray a lot)

When I got it home I found the cam shaft and sprocket had rusted out where it bolted on to the shaft and even though the timing belt marks were fine, the right bank was out of time because the sprocket slipped on the cam shaft.

For some reason, unknown to me, the car started and ran great for a little ways and then the right bank died. That is what was so confusing. Logic, which obviously doesn't apply, said that it couldn't be out of time and start great and run great... but it did... every time.

I think I asked you before, "Will your car still start"? Will it run a bit before the disaster hits like it did the two times you told us all about?

I don't know where you, or they, think the power loss to the right side is, but any connection that is open is a piece of cake to test and find.

There is little chance your shop will work this out. Like my old pappy used to say, "A word to the wise is sufficient."

Keith

Last edited by kwren; 02-01-2009 at 12:20 PM.