Thread: fuel troubles
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2002, 01:04 PM
svxcalibur

techno babble

sorry, but seeing as I am new to this car perhaps you could explain what OBDI and OBDII are? I guess I must have OBDI because I have a coin tray in my dashboard. What I forgot to mention is that I put some 104 octane boost in after I realized what I did. This had helped before on my other SVX (I realize I just said I'm new to this so I'll explain). I bought my first svx a few months ago, it was a dark red, maroon '92. 42 hours after I bought it while taking a arbitrary drive An old couple just out of the hospital cut in front of me. I never saw them coming and had no reaction time and therefore didn't break. I broadsided them at 50mph and totalled my car. I loved it so much that I had to buy another one (luckily the insurance agency paid me double what I bought the car for). Anyway, being a kid with a low paying fast food job I tried on the first and only time I filled that first svx to use 87 octane to save money (I had not yet learned of the large compression ratio), the next day on the short 10 minute drive to school the car stalled 3 times. I put a bottle of 104 octane boost which fixed the car. Anyway, that was my experience.