View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 05:34 PM

Registered SVX
It is my opinion that the OEM brakes are entirely adequate for all normal purposes. Mine feel and perform very well indeed and I have the necessary experience on which to pass judgement.

It would appear that your main complaint centers on feel i.e. mushy. This would mean that the hydraulic circuit should be first up to be checked. A fluid flush and renewal, with a proper bleed could do wonders. This would be an inexpensive first option which will be needed in any event.

You should find out exactly what is faulty and out of specification, rather than simply throw money hither a thither. You could well replace several components at considerable expense, without touching that which is the real issue. Mods are not a fix.

Do not become confused that rotors/discs showing mild scoring on a circumference are defective. Provided there is nothing out of true on a radial basis, or in thickness, this is normal and causes no problems. However presenting such evidence does earn money for brake shops.

Mushy brakes can also result from wheel bearings with excessive side play. In this event the pads become pushed out to a point where excessive fluid has to be displaced before contact occurs. In all you should investigate everything involved before spending money.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!