View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomatt
Thanks guys,

I'll try and answer the questions.

1) Transmission - the 6MT will be in my hot little hands next week.

2) Shocks - definitely getting upgraded. Using DMS which are upside down, 50mm Bilstein-based coilovers. Fully adjustable (16 clicks of bump and 4 clicks of rebound).

3) Engine - the maths I've done says the EG33, with cams, compression and an standalone ECU, should get past 300hp. With some aggressive porting and flow work and more revs (9000rpm) it would get closer to 350hp, maybe more. The engine has 240hp stock...that's a pretty big base to start from.

I worked out I can virtually remove the bumper support, and just run the inner liner...it might mean we shouldn't lean on the bumper too much, but it will be fine.

My last rally car, a Celica GT4 (all trac to you I think), had 200hp at all 4 wheels, and weighed more than 3000lbs. I won a few rallies with it, so if the SVX can get to 3000lbs in rally trim, and have more than 200hp at the wheels, we'll be on a winner.

M

It sounds like you are on the right track. I don't know what to tell you as far as better cams, but engine management and slightly more fuel will definitely brighten up the engine. If your going to go through all of that expensive engine work, you might want to just slap in a turbo instead. That is what most race folks are doing with this engine hear in the states. The dune buggy guy I spoke with said the engine held up very well.

As far as winning races, it sounds like you could do that with the stock engine and all the other mods. A lot of that is the driver. You will be suprized at how this car responds to some stiff struts and springs. Really transforms it. I have never cornered like I have with my SVX with the Konis turned all the way up. A little hard on the but though.

Keep us posted.