View Single Post
Old 11-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Chike,
very, very nice!! Have you had a chance to hook a vacuum gauge up to one of the intake manifold ports to see what the vacuum level is at idle? Can't wait to see how the additional lift works with ported and polished heads and intake runners
-Bill
Thanks Bill. No I haven't hooked up a vacuum gauge to the intake manifold. If it's very straight-forward, you're more than welcome to bring one to the drag meet next Friday...

After the install at TomsSVX's place, I let my car idle for close to 15 minutes next to John's (AvPPoW) 5MT SVX. While it's slightly different from stock, it hasn't changed in any drastic way (definitely doesn't have a lumpy idle like a Camaro w/ cams).

Due to 13% greater peak lift on the intake valves, the ECU needs to dump ~13% more fuel to keep it at stoich during closed loop. As a result, my city/highway gas mileage has gone down to roughly 20.5mpg (21.5mpg before), while my highway mileage is around 25mpg (26-27mpg before).

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)

Last edited by Chiketkd; 11-19-2005 at 08:55 PM.