View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 05:22 PM

Re: Time and Distance

Quote:
Originally posted by svxistentialist
This ProVida camera is a time and distance monitor. They switch on the camera and video just to record and verify what they have seen. The system logs on date details etc. The speed shown is the speed of the chase vehicle.

The camera has to be calibrated in the vehicle. No mention of GPS, its use may yet not be acceptable in law.

Don't know exactly the letter of the law, but the following car has to be close enough to identify you, and in order to clock an average speed that will stand up in court, they have to be on your tail for a minimum distance, could be as little as quarter of a mile, but I think more likely half a mile or a mile.

This is what he meant by not being able to "lock on" to you. Every time you disappeared around the bend from his view, not having covered the required distance, he has to reset the video. You probably stopped before he got the required distance logged on the video. I would drive real careful around his area for some time.

See the site

http://www.provida.dk/www/20Years.html

Joe
Thanks for that, very interesting reading and makes me feel even more grateful for the luck I had last night. Drove home from work sickeningly legally this evening.

'96 Subaru SVX (111K) - UK spec
'85 Opel Monza GSE (71K)
'86 Opel Monza GSE (95K)
'93 Toyota Estima Lucida (37K) - JDM import

My psychiatrist says I'm suffering from paranoia........but he's always hated me!!!