View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 03:27 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
tach needle not moving

I have a question for some of you technical people out there. I was driving my car back from a concrete pour about 30 miles away from home. I had it in drive with the cruise set at about 45. When the car in front of me started to speed up, I also did the same. There was something strange tho. When I looked at the tach, It wasn't moving off of 2 grand. I had to just bounce he gas pedal really lightly and it would be back to normal. There was however a little jitter when I did it. I am thinking that my torch converter was locked and I had just disengaged it/broke it free. Since then it has done it maybe 3 more times that I have noticed. I never used to look at my tach, but now I am kind of paranoid, so I do more. Maybe I am just asking a stupid question here, but I have never seen that in any of my Z24's. Is this normal for that car. I would rather ask a stupid question and be laughed at, then keep quite and be broke due to repair costs. Let me know
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.